Here are links to some related sites in the World Wide Web:
Websites of our Members:
- Richard Gipps - munichskitourers.de
- Richard is known to many as he is offering his monthly "Country Walk" and some other outdoor activities.
During the winter he organises ski events of all kind like downhill and ski touring. For the latter he now has his own website where you can join his community mailing list.
- Geoff Harries † - geoffharries.com
- Visit the literature website of this Munich author and long time GEA member or his highly specialised article about the 'Phoney Photon', if you are interested in physics.
- Roger Partridge - roger-partridge.eu
- Roger Partridge, author, occasional translator and former management consultant, has written 'Bengal 1943: The Forgotten Famine, a historical novel set in the Bengal Famine of 1943 and seen with the eyes of British and Indian officials but also of two Indian victims.
On his website you also find contemporary short stories on the topics romantic and sexual love between incompatible couples, family relationships and attempts to preserve self respect in difficult conditions.
- Magdalen Mary Pemberton - www.MagdalenMaryPemberton.de
- Maggie is active in PR, management and language services as you can see on her website. Thanks to her professional contacts she provides musical events for the GEA and is slowly creating a growing interest for rather unusual classical music!
She started a YouTube channel - well, partly egged on by some friends ;-)
There is organ music and piano music, some poetry in English and German, and links to the channels of friends.
- Malcolm Phillips - www.englishwithmalcolm.de
- Malcolm teaches English with great passion and also does translations.
Details on his website.
One of his favourite passtimes is Pub Quiz, where he is an experienced quizmaster.
For the upcoming dates — if not published in the GEA programme — see here.
Other English speaking groups in Munich (selection):
- Friday Beergarden - https://urlzs.com/sFtmX
- Friday Beergarden is a social meetup open to everyone. Each week they pick a different beergarden or pub in Munich. It's a chance to meet a variety of new people, discover interesting beergardens, drink a beer, and have some fun. We aim to make new people feel welcome. If you can understand English, all the better.
Every week of the year, a venue is chosen and details are sent out on Wednesday or Thursday via their mailing list. If the weather is cold or wet, an indoor location is picked. There is normally food available if you want it.
To get the details or join the mailing list see their website.
- Toytown Munich - www.toytowngermany.com
- An English language community in Munich. It is an information resource, a meeting point, and a communication platform for English-speaking foreigners throughout the country and the city.
Other non-English language speaking groups in Munich (selection):
- Tertulia de Hispano-Parlantes - www.tertuliamunich.de
- … pasar un buen rato charlando y tomando una cerveza o un café o quizás participar en fiestas, parrilladas, caminatas y excursiones?
Reuniones todos los jueves, a partir de las 19:30 en el local 'El Mirador', Clemensstraße 83, 80796 München (U2 Hohenzollernplatz).
- Grupo Saudade e Alegria - n/a
- Grupo de conversação em português (e alemão), que se encontra
toda terça-feira, a partir das 20:30 hs., no bar/restaurante
'Lebenslust Schwabing', na Erich-Kästner-Str. 14 (esquina com Herzogstr.,
perto da estação de metrô U2 Hohenzollernplatz).
Portuguese / Brazilian conversation group meeting every Tuesday at 'Lebenslust Schwabing', Schwabing, Erich-Kästner-Str. 14, corner of Herzogstr. (U2 Hohenzollernplatz) from 8:30pm.
Contact: Christopher Hak — 0160 9853 3620 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Munich related sites (selection):
- CINEMA - www.cinema-muenchen.de
- Film theatre showing films in English language.
- Munich Found - www.munichfound.com
- The unique Munich Portal in English - since 1989 - for Cosmopolitans, Residents and Newcomers. Independent and local insiders select the best of Munich for you of culture, events, dining, dancing, city life and more.
- New in the City - www.newinthecity.de
- "The internet portal for newcomers: News - events - meeting people - essential info - and much more …" and "All of Munich in one magazine."
- Official Munich Portal - www.muenchen.de
- Services of the Munich Township Administration.
- Munich Tourist Office - www.muenchen.de/
- Portal site of the Munich Tourist Office.
- Munich Public Transport (MVV) - mvv-muenchen.de
- Trip planner for all modes of local public transport.
- Munich Airport (Arrivals) - www.munich-airport.de
- Current arrivals at Munich 'Franz-Josef Strauss' Airport.
- Map of Munich - maps.google.de
- Interactive map of Munich by Google Maps with optional air view.
- The Munich Readery - readery.de
- Largest English-Language Secondhand-Book Shop in Germany.
- Munich Weather - www.accuweather.com
- Munich weather by AccuWeather.com.
Other English (speaking) clubs in Germany (selection):
- Bremen: - www.englishclub.de
- The English Club e.V., Bremen, Germany. Founded in 1987.
- Cologne: - www.angloclub.de
- Angloclub of Cologne
- Frankfurt / Main: - www.pickwicks.de
- Pickwicks English Club - well known to some GEA members from common events.
International English speaking groups:
- InterNations - internations.org
- A Home for Expatriates worldwide
InterNations is present with expatriate communities in more than 250 cities across all countries of the world and also in Munich.
- Build up valuable contacts with like-minded Munich expats
- Find reliable information and trustworthy tips about the expat life in Munich
- Join top-class InterNations events to meet fellow expatriates in town
Other interesting sites:
- German-English Dictionary - dict.leo.org
- LEO German-English online dictionary.
English language communities:
Online Magazines & Papers:
- Deutsch perfekt - deutsch-perfekt.com
- "Deutsch perfekt" is the magazine for learners of German as a foreign language. Every month, it brings you in-depth reports on current cultural and political topics as well as effective language training features. Difficult words and idioms are given in easy German.
- The Local - www.thelocal.de
- "The Local" is an English-language online newspaper published in Germany and Sweden, each focused on its respective market. Coverage is purely domestic in each country, and includes current events, politics, economy, sports and culture, as well as analysis and opinion plus guides to the country's society aimed at English-speaking foreigners.
- German Phonebook - www.dastelefonbuch.de
- The phonebook of German Telekom (White Pages, only in German language).
Universal Currency Converter:
- Currency Converter - www.xe.com
- "The world's most popular Internet currency tool" - based on live rates by XE.com.
Other websites with links to the GEA:
- EXPATS.org.uk - www.expats.org.uk
- A source of information for British expatriates, contracting or living overseas, also with an overseas recruiter database, country information with links relevant to British expats (and any other English speaking ex-pats).
Despite its careful control the German-English Association in Munich (GEA) cannot be held responsible and does not accept any responsibility or liability for the content or accuracy of any links to third party websites ("external links").
The inclusion of any link does not constitute an endorsement of the content of the linked site, and you use the links at your own risk.
We have checked the third-party content when first linking to those third party websites to determine whether any legal violations exist. At that time, no violations were evident. A constant control of external links is not feasable for us without concrete evidence of legal violations. With knowledge of legal offenses, however, such external links will be deleted immediately.